The city of Barcelona is connected to the rest of the world through its international airport, Barcelona El Prat. The airport is located 13 km southwest of Barcelona and 20 km from the CCIB. There are two terminals. T1 is the main terminal whilst the second one, T2, mainly serves low-cost carriers.
Arrival from the airport
From the airport you can reach the city centre and the CCIB either by taxi, rented car or public transportation (bus or train).
• By car: Heading to Barcelona is quite easy since there is only one way you can leave Barcelona airport. Follow the signs for the C-31 or C-32, towards Barcelona. These will lead you to the “Ronda del Litoral”, and then take the exit Salida 24. This is the most direct way. It takes 20 minutes depending on traffic.
• By taxi: You can find taxi points in front of both terminals. The transfer by taxi from El Prat Airport to the CCIB takes approximately 20 minutes depending on traffic. It costs between € 35 and € 40 depending on the time of day: There is no extra charge for luggage.
• By train: The Renfe R2 (Rodalies de Catalunya rail network) connects terminal 2 with the city centre. It operates every 30 minutes. The travel time is 32 minutes to Passeig de Gràcia. From there you can directly get to the CCIB with the underground L4. A single ticket can be used for the entire trip and a one-way ticket costs € 4.10. For more information, please check the R2 timetable: www20.gencat.cat/portal/site/rodalies
• By bus: The “Aerobus” express bus service leaves from T1 (Aerobus A1) and T2 (Aerobus A2) and arrives at “Plaza Catalunya” in approximately 35 minutes. The A1 operates every 5 or 10 minutes and the A2 every 10 or 20 minutes. You can find the schedule on the following website: www.aerobusbcn.com/index.php/en/timetables.html
Arrival from the Centre
• By car: If you are driving to the CCIB from the city centre, the best way to cross the city is by driving down Avenida Diagonal until the end of the avenue. It takes approximately 25 minutes to reach the CCIB from the city centre, depending on traffic.
The most direct way to reach the CCIB from the outskirts of the city is by taking the Ronda Litoral (the city’s coastal ring road) and taking the exit Salida 24.
There are 3 parking lots at the CCIB: 1- Taulat, 2- Llull, 3- CC Diagonal Mar.
• By public transport: The metro station Urquinaona, 200 m from Plaza Cataluña, on the L4 will take you directly to the Maresme-Fòrum Metro station.
The two main railway stations of Barcelona are Barcelona Sants and Barcelona Estació de França. Both stations are connected to other public transport. For train connections, please visit: www.renfe.com
Arrival from the Train Stations
At the Sants Estació: Take the metro line L3 towards Vall d’Hebron, get off at Verdaguer station.
From there, take the metro line L4 towards La Pau, get off at Meresme-Fòrum station.
At the Barcelona Estació de Franca: Take the metro line L4 towards La Pau and get off at Maresme-Fòrum metro station.
Barcelona taxis are black and yellow, and charge the amount on the meter.
Phone: 0034 933 222 222 (24h service) or book online: www.barnataxi.com
You will find a taxi point with taxis available at any time in front of the CCIB, on the corner of the hotel AC Barcelona (Passeig del Taulat).
CCIB public transport connections
Metro: L4 - Maresme-Fòrum station
Bus: H16 or N7, Diagonal Mar station
Tram: T4 - Fòrum stop